Take a Look!: online training curriculum tool for employers/HR staff regarding hiring and retention of people with disability:
What is the Business Leadership Network?
- The BLN is an employer-led venture affiliated with the U.S. BLN that promotes best practices to enhance employment opportunities for candidates with disabilities. www.usbln.org
- There are currently 38 State BLN chapters and all are business-led initiatives.
- All BLNs serve as a clearinghouse for busy employers who are interested in hiring qualified employees with disabilities or retaining employees who recently may have acquired a disability.
What Does Rhode Island Business Leadership Network Do?
- Serve as an employer-to-employer network of small, medium and large businesses in RI who champion best practices to promote employment and retention of persons with disabilities.
- Provide a trusting environment for businesses to turn to with questions/concerns when hiring or retaining employees with disabilities.
- Build a network to exchange best practices as well as learn new methods to recruit and retain individuals with disabilities in their workforce.
- Keep current on useful resources, developments, and information through networking, outreach and educational events.
- Work collaboratively on common issues.
How will businesses benefit from hiring people with disabilities and providing greater public access?
- Gain valuable employees, diversify workforce, and increase state revenue.
- Gain customers through enhancing accessibility to goods and services for people with disabilities / gain access to an untapped market for goods and services.
- Can receive tax credits for businesses providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities and those hiring targeted low-income groups (e.g. Supplemental Social Security recipient and individuals referred by vocational rehabilitation agencies) and eligible youths.
- Have access to various state and private rehabilitation and training organizations.
Benefits of RIBLN Chapter Members
- Peer-to-peer information
- One resource
- Promote diversity
- Bottom line results
- Avenue for giving back to the community
- Add your voice to the new voice of business in Rhode Island that speaks with authority on issues of employment and disability.
- Learn about innovative employment solutions that have been successful for businesses across the state.
- No cost to join as an affiliate member.