Join us for our next educational event:
Improving Workplace Performance (and Decreasing Injury) through Ergonomics
Come learn and discuss ways applying ergonomics in the workplace can decrease injury, support return to work practices, and increase employee stamina, attendance, and overall work performance.
In this session you will learn:
- The benefits of implementing workplace ergonomics
- Strategies to decrease musculoskeletal Injury
- Simple Strategies to increase worker performance
- View examples of ergonomic equipment
- Local and national resources
- Q&A to address your needs
March 30, 2016, TechACCESS, 110 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick RI
Two Sessions: 9:00 -11:00 AM OR 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Take a Look!: online training curriculum tool for employers/HR staff regarding hiring and retention of people with disability:
What is the Business Leadership Network?
- The BLN is an employer-led venture affiliated with the U.S. BLN that promotes best practices to enhance employment opportunities for candidates with disabilities. www.usbln.org
- There are currently 38 State BLN chapters and all are business-led initiatives.
- All BLNs serve as a clearinghouse for busy employers who are interested in hiring qualified employees with disabilities or retaining employees who recently may have acquired a disability.
What Does Rhode Island Business Leadership Network Do?
- Serve as an employer-to-employer network of small, medium and large businesses in RI who champion best practices to promote employment and retention of persons with disabilities.
- Provide a trusting environment for businesses to turn to with questions/concerns when hiring or retaining employees with disabilities.
- Build a network to exchange best practices as well as learn new methods to recruit and retain individuals with disabilities in their workforce.
- Keep current on useful resources, developments, and information through networking, outreach and educational events.
- Work collaboratively on common issues.
How will businesses benefit from hiring people with disabilities and providing greater public access?
- Gain valuable employees, diversify workforce, and increase state revenue.
- Gain customers through enhancing accessibility to goods and services for people with disabilities / gain access to an untapped market for goods and services.
- Can receive tax credits for businesses providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities and those hiring targeted low-income groups (e.g. Supplemental Social Security recipient and individuals referred by vocational rehabilitation agencies) and eligible youths.
- Have access to various state and private rehabilitation and training organizations.
Benefits of RIBLN Chapter Members
- Peer-to-peer information
- One resource
- Promote diversity
- Bottom line results
- Avenue for giving back to the community
- Add your voice to the new voice of business in Rhode Island that speaks with authority on issues of employment and disability.
- Learn about innovative employment solutions that have been successful for businesses across the state.
- No cost to join as an affiliate member.